Friday, January 24, 2014

Texas Snow

As I mentioned in my previous post, the winters here in Texas are quite mild compared to what I grew up in.  Last night we had a major cold front that brought a little snow and ice.  Basically the whole city shut down because of the ice.  Here are couple pictures of the kids enjoying the "snow". 
I told Molly about how I used to play in the snow as a child and she was really wanting me to make a snow fort out of the layer of ice on our front gardens. . . um, not quite enough!

 Johnny had fun making snow balls, and throwing them!
 Samuel enjoyed eating the ice and then was mad when his hands hurt because they were so cold.
Molly's snow ball.  Her favorite thing was eating the icicles.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, they have no idea. I still maintain making huge snow forts with my siblings and then staying in them for hours, despite losing feeling in my extremities are some of my most favorite memories. :)

    ReplyDelete