Sunday, August 14, 2011

No more binky

Molly is now 2 1/2 and we decided it was time that she get rid of her beloved binky.  I have been trying to prep her and talk about getting rid of it.  Needless to say, she was not interested in giving up her pacifier but when she recently took an interest in make up I knew that was key to my negotiation strategy.  I offered to buy Molly her own "big girl" make up if she threw away her "baby" binky.  We went to Target and picked out a few items and a new make up bag and when we got home Molly was eager to get the make up and promptly threw away her binky.  All was fine until nap time when she cried and tried to get the pacifier out of the garbage.  I was able to calm her and get her to sleep.  Getting to sleep is still a little challenging for her but she is doing great and is not asking for her binky anymore.  For the first 2 days she applied her lip gloss about 100 times but that is slowing, last night she slept with a tape measure that Paul let her play with.  Whatever it takes as long as it is not a pacifier.
I"m sure you are wondering, yes, Johnny still has his pacifier!  I know, I should get rid of his too, but a mom has to get a little sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment