Sunday, May 5, 2013

Bye Bye Binky

Since Johnny is now well over 2 1/2 we figured it was high time for him to give up his pacifier.  We have been talking about it for a while but he had no interest in giving it up and honestly, I had no interest in losing more sleep.  I finally made up my mind that it had to be done but the strategy was going to be difficult.  I offered to buy Johnny anything he wanted or let him do something special but like I said, he had no interest.  The best thing I could come up with was a "binky fairy" and with the encouragement and excitement about it from Molly, the plan worked pretty well.  The "fairy" came on several random nights and took a couple binkies at a time and left a small prize.  Johnny is still having a little harder time getting to sleep without the binky but we are managing! 

Here is just a cute picture of Johnny and the tower he built last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment